Personal Loan Application - Terms and Conditions
Written by Lorraine Marsh
Are you a Member of the Credit Union?
Subject to approval conditions, before your loan application can be funded, you must become a member of the Credit Union. For further information on membership click here.
Before proceeding to the application form please note and accept the following requirements and click on the button below to proceed.
1. Supplementary Information
To help ensure the prompt assessment of your loan application, please provide the following information at your earliest convenience.
- Details and proof of all income - we will require two recent payslips, proof of other income from rental property or other employment listed on your application
- Statements of your home or other loans
- Statements of all credit cards and store cards
- A copy of a recent rates notice or rent receipt
2. Terms and Conditions
Your loan application is subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
Under The Consumer Credit Code you may be liable to a penalty of up to $10,000 if you make any false or misleading statements that are material to the Credit Union's decision to approve this application.
Statement & Consent The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) regulates the way in which private sector organisations handle personal Information.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information (e.g. name, address and financial information) for the purposes of assessing your credit application so that we can provide you with the product that you request. You do not have to provide us with any of the personal information requested. However, without this information, we may not be able to process your application.
The Credit Union may give information about you to a credit reporting agency, but only limited kinds of information allowed by the Privacy Act. This includes: Identity particulars that is, your name, sex, date of birth, current and 2 previous addresses, your current or last know employer, and your drivers licence number; The fact that you have applied for credit and the amount; The fact that the Credit Union is a credit provider to you Payments overdue for at least 60 days, when the Credit Union has taken steps to recover Advice that payments are no longer due; Cheques for an amount greater than $100, drawn by you which have been dishonoured more than once; The opinion of the Credit Union that you have committed a serious credit infringement; When the credit provided to you has been discharged. Who can give or obtain credit information about you? We may; Obtain information from a credit reporting agency that provides information about credit worthiness credit reports containing personal or business credit information about you; Confirm your employment details and income details from any employer, accountant or tax agent named in your application; Confirm your income received on an investment.In due course, we will require all applicants to sign a formal consent.If you are not the only applicant, please ensure that you make the other applicant aware of this.
Statement by Applicant/s for Credit
Please read carefully before accepting. If you are not the only applicant, please ensure you make the other applicant aware of this.
1. The credit I am applying for is wholly or predominantly for a personal, domestic or household purpose (consumer credit).
2. Giving information to a Credit Reporting Agency (Section 18E(8) (C) Privacy Act 1988).The Credit Union has informed me that it may give certain personal information about me to a credit-reporting agency. I understand that the Credit Union can only give limited kinds of information which are set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and examples of which are listed above.
3. Exchanging information with other Credit Providers (Section 18N(1)(b) Privacy Act 1988).I agree to the Credit Union checking personal information about me with any credit provider that may be named in a credit report issued by a reporting agency, for any of the following purposes: To assess my credit worthiness To assess an application by me for credit To help me avoid defaulting on my credit obligations. To notify a default by me The collection of overdue paymentsI understand that this information can include any information about my credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history, or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to give or receive from each other under the Privacy Act 1988.
4. Access to Commercial Credit Information (Section 18L(4) Privacy Act 1988).For the purposes of assessing my application for credit, I consent to the Credit Union obtaining a report containing information about my commercial activities or commercial credit worthiness, from a business, which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness of persons.
5. Disclosure of information necessary for Funding Mortgage Credit Securitisation (Section 18N(1) (bg) (ga) Privacy Act 1988).
If the Credit Union proposes to arrange the funding for the credit I am applying for by means of an arrangement involving mortgage securitisation, I consent to the Credit Union disclosing any report or information about my credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity whether written or other form to persons or bodies involved in funding mortgage credit by means of securitisation, directly or indirectly through other persons or bodies to perform tasks which are necessary in the funding and management of the mortgage by such means.
6. National Privacy Principles ProvisionsI here acknowledge that I will download a copy of the Credit Union Privacy Statement available on this website. Once your application has been submitted, the Credit Union will contact you by the end of the next working day.
I accept the foregoing. Please take me to the Application Form.
We value your privacy!
I do not accept the foregoing. Please return me to the Home page.